Sunday, April 5, 2009

SUNDAY


I hope that the furious winds of yesterday do not return. I hate the wind. I busied myself inside, protected, with chores after our return from Washington, DC. The cherry trees were in full bloom, really beautiful. I was amazed on the drive at the number of Bradford pear trees that have escaped into the natural landscape. Weeds. I hope that the ornamental pears I have chosen will not turn out to be the same problem. Right now they are opening, attracting every bee in the area, mason, honey and a few bumblebees. The spring weeds are also shooting up, hurrying to flower before it gets to hot. What a bother. In my parallel universe there would only be the plants I want and none of these pesky invaders.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning picture, Janet. The rectangular, reflective pool of still water lined by the beautiful flowering pears. The green land flowing down to the river's edge with the barren trees and the thin line of blue water behind the stark tree trunks. The sky that is faintly glowing along the horizon as the sun rises than fades into blue. I have to admit that it beckons to me and I want to walk out your front door and sit on your bench for a time and then walk to the river with Zoe and Jake running ahead, their long curly black ears flapping as the gracefully gallop and all the while looking back to see if the old lady is still coming. You and Frank have made this such a lovely and inviting spot and you are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete