Thursday, April 23, 2009

FICKLE APRIL




Housebound because of rain for that past few days, I am now ready to take on the garden again. First thing this morning I am off to bring in a load of mulch. It is windy and cold with still wet ground from the rains, so today's activities will be mostly setting up trellises that just arrived, pruning some bushes that have become overgrown.
We have been seeing a few Warblers along the edge when we walk, and I saw a Palm Warbler in my birch tree this morning. Jack in the pulpit is flowering along the hedgerow, I will have to rescue some of them from the ditch bank restoration project that is occurring over there, for surely they will be smashed to oblivion by the tractor tires.
Jake and Zoƫ are considering my proposal that we adopt a new poodle puppy.

2 comments:

  1. When will you get the new puppy? I want to make sure I time my visit right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet I'm done with Finals and I'll be there briefly. I'm sooo excited I have been wanting to go there since the begining of this semester. : ) wooohoooooo

    ReplyDelete