Friday, May 8, 2009

MIST




The house had disappeared when I turned to look half way down the lane to the river. The mist is so thick I can't see the hedgerows, and the air has settled onto the grasses, making them wet. There has been day after day of rain, at times heavy with wind, at others light drizzle. But the grey, wet has been unrelenting. True it makes everything look fresh and new, the greens stand out more against the monochrome of the sunless sky. We do not let it dampen our spirits, Jake, Zoe and I. We can still walk the edges and marvel in the rapid growth of the forest canopy.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, amazing pictures! The picture of the spider web is unreal! I believe the dip is headed your way tomorrow. You guys will have so much fun. I'm definitely jealous.

    ReplyDelete