Saturday, June 1, 2013

PROGRESS AT THE EAGLES NEST

Progressively the young Eagles are moving up the overhanging branches of the tree above the nest.  It is always interesting to see where they might be on our morning walks.  They are the size of the adults or at least pretty close, and I know that they are getting ready to finally fly.  I just don't know when, which does not make me happy, as I would love to see this event.  But alas, they do not have flight times posted.
Heat has come to the farm, and I do mean the hot, humid type,  Work in the garden out of necessity becomes slow and steady with many water breaks and rest periods.  I am hoping for a cool down in a few days, and also looking for some rain.
A small group of Wax Wings has moved into the garden.  I can't help but think they are here testing the serviceberries, waiting the feast to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment