Tuesday, April 16, 2013

EAGLE'S NEST

Dangling from the talons a fish freshly plucked after a fleeting hover and a stealthy swoop, from the calm river waters, the eagle headed straight for the nest, dropping into the giant twig bowl, the mate landed on branch close by.
It is clear that the egg(eggs?) has released it contents into the world.  I wish I could jump really high and just peer into the mossy, feather lined  home to see the tiny downy chick. It must look dwarfed by this nest that it will grow into over the months.  The eggs were no longer being attended to, I would see an eagle sitting on the edge of the nest, or on a nearby branch often, so I had a idea the babies were out of the egg, but this was confirmation.  I am sure that when the chill of night comes on, or rain is pouring down the adult spreads itself over the young for shelter and warmth, but mostly they are on their own now as the parents search for food to fuel this giant growth spurt.  I will see the heads in a few weeks and if lucky, I will witness the first flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment