Sunday, March 10, 2013

THE BOUNCE


We think that spring is finally springing. The days are noticeably longer, the sun is warmer on our skin during the morning walk. I may notice it more than Parker and Zoe, but I think they know things are looking up as well. I should be a little careful in surmising the coming of better weather, we could still be house bound on the occasional ill weathered day.
Still, the flowers of the crocus are finally able to open, having pushed up out of the ground weeks ago, but not finding the air pleasing enough to spread their pedals. It will not be long before more things pop to life in the rush of renewal.  There is a great sense of urgency.
The spring I have always known brings feelings of pleasure and joy, which are somewhat dulled this year by not having my wonderful boy Jake with me to share in the season. Zoe and Parker however, are alive with the possibilities of one more great walk feeling the anticipation of stumbling onto a new adventure.
Spring does that to everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment