Sunday, December 20, 2009

MAJOR SNOW STORM BLANKETS THE FARM



We are heading into Christmas week, which for sure will be white. The farm has been blanketed over a 36 hour period with snow. It is difficult to say exactly how much, because of the drifting, but I would say somewhere around 2 feet, give or take a few inches. There is a drift by the front door that is well over 5 feet high. The snow started early in the morning on Saturday, continued all day and night Saturday, and when I took Parker out this morning at 4 it was still snowing. It has stopped now, and the sun is shinning. The front walk has been cleared, and the long drive packed so that we can get in and out. It is a strange feeling out here on the farm when there is a big storm. It somehow makes you feel much more alone, than if you are in closer proximity to neighbors. We survived, and now the dogs have a glorious playground in which to romp. This was Parker's first real snow, and oh boy did he think it was some kind of wonderful. He is in now, exhausted and curled up asleep. I suspect he will stay that way throughout the rest of the day. Tuckered out.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I had a misspelling in the post above. I love that you always comment on my blog! It sounds like Kate and my mom had a good time dog sitting on the farm. I know I always say this, but I really need to plan a trip out there, although I think I'd prefer the Spring time :)

    ReplyDelete