Sunday, October 11, 2009

A FALL MORNING





Jake, Parker, Zoe and I were walking along the West edge of the farm when a Red Tail Hawk took off from a high branch of a tree just in front of us. I wondered as he traveled out over the farm if he could see the ground and hunt prey through the heavy fog that was laying blanket like on the newly disked fields. I lost sight of him as he receded away from us. It was a far different picture, when I finally got everyone fed and watered, as I launched my shell onto the river. The fog was completely gone, there was a slight breeze, and the sun's warmth had dried the dew completely off the grass. There was an Eagle soaring overhead, was it one of the pair that lives in the woods here on the farm?
My favorite grasses are blooming now, they are ethereal with the dew and morning light. I must find a place in the garden for more of these Muhlenbergia capillaris.
Breakfast is not complete these mornings without a trip to the Fig Trees, to hunt for a few figs that have reached perfection while the trees are covered with sweet purplish brown ovoid fruits, for it is now a race for ripening before the first killing frost.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's time you posted more pictures of Parker. I want to see how big he is now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete